Last Updated: January 31, 2020
13305 12th Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55441
Links to Other Sites
Protecting Your Personal Information
Solutran has taken certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial steps to safe guard and secure the Personal Information Solutran collects and stores on its servers. By using the Services, you understand and agree that no security measures are absolute and that Solutran cannot guarantee absolute protection of your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
In order to offer you the best possible experience using the Services, Solutran may collect the following information:
Information You Provide to Solutran
The types of Personal Information you provide may include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other unique information. You may also provide bank account, payment card and other financial information, and transaction information including when and where transactions occur, the identities of transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete transactions.
Solutran may collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information collected may include location information, device information, information about how you use the Services, and information provided to you by customers.
Information Provided to Solutran by Third Parties
Solutran may combine the information it collects from you with information about you that Solutran receives from other sources in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of the Services. Depending on your use of the Services, Solutran may collect information about you from third parties and publicly available sources to verify your identity and for any fraud detection process, collection procedures, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law.
Direct Communication with Solutran
When you send e-mail or other communications to Solutran, Solutran may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Services. Solutran may also collect any other information that you voluntarily provide related to the Services.
Cookies and Other Usage Information
In addition to the information you provide, the Services uses “cookie” technology to enhance and personalize your experience with the Services. Cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies are small pieces of data that Solutran stores on your computer or device. Certain cookies Solutran uses last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use the Services and, as such, will last longer. These “cookies” help Solutran to: (1) improve and customize Services content and offerings; (2) authenticate you when you use the Services; (3) remember your Services preferences and registration information; and (4) measure and research, via statistics and data collection, the effectiveness of the Services offerings and e-mail communications. By using the Services, you permit us to collect and use your information from activity on devices you use in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Most web and mobile device browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may disable your cookie information by adjusting the settings preferences on your personal computer or mobile device at any time. Keep in mind that cookies do not identify a specific user and are not used to collect any Personal Information.
The Services may also use automated data collection tools to collect standard information about your Internet access, such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at any Solutran site. It may also collect information such as your Internet Protocol address, the website pages on the Services that you view, the links that you click, your use of e-mails sent to you from us (such as when you open the e-mail or click on a link in the e-mail).
No Information From Children Under Age 13
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. If Solutran learns that it has collected any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, Solutran will promptly delete that information. If you believe Solutran has collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please write to Solutran at the address provided above.
Personal Information Use
Solutran may use your Personal Information for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide the Services to you, including the display of personalized content, offers and advertising; (2) to process or record payment transactions or money transfers; (3) to display your historical transaction information; (4) to investigate, detect, prevent or report fraud, misrepresentations, security incidents, or other potentially prohibited or illegal acts; (5) to enforce the General Terms of Service; (6) to verify your identity; (7) to help address problems with and the functioning of the Services; (8) to monitor and conduct internal reviews of the Services; (9) to help Solutran better understand and improve the use of the Services, and to develop new services; (10) to protect the security and integrity of the Services; (11) to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process; (12) to contact you, if necessary or at your request; and (13) to fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Services.
Personal Information Sharing
Solutran may share your Personal Information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- If Solutran has your consent.
- To provide information with other users of the Services with whom you interact through your own use of the Services;
- To provide, maintain, and improve the Services, including providing information to service providers who access information about you to perform services on Solutran's behalf, as well as financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations, and other entities in connection with the Services;
- If Solutran determines that there has been a violation of Services policies;
- To enforce or comply with the General Terms of Service referenced herein or other applicable agreements or policies;
- If Solutran has reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Solutran's rights or property, other users of the Services or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and/or
- To provide information to a company that acquires, is acquired by or is merged with Solutran.
Non-Personal Information Sharing
Solutran may share aggregated and anonymized information that does not specifically identify you or any individual user of the Services within Solutran, its related companies and other third parties.
California Resident Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. You may find more information about your rights as a California resident by visiting: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Collection of Personal Information
In order to offer you the best possible experience using the Services, Solutran may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or devise (for the purposes of this California Privacy Notice, “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like certain health or medical information and other categories of information protected by different laws (i.e. HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, etc.).
Solutran has collected the following categories of Personal Information from its consumers who reside in California within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
Solutran obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly or Indirectly from you. For example, from forms you submit to us or from observing your actions on our website.
- Directly or Indirectly from our clients. For example, from information provided to us by our clients related to the services for which Solutran is engage or through information we collect from our clients in the course of performing the services for which Solutran is engaged.
- Directly or Indirectly from activity using any of the Services. For example, from website or mobile app usage or cookies and other details collected automatically.
Personal Information Use
Solutran may use your Personal Information for any of the following business purposes: (1) to provide the Services to you, including the display of personalized content, offers and advertising; (2) to process or record payment transactions or money transfers; (3) to display your historical transaction information; (4) to investigate, detect, prevent or report fraud, misrepresentations, security incidents, or other potentially prohibited or illegal acts; (5) to enforce the General Terms of Service; (6) to verify your identity; (7) to help address problems with and the functioning of the Services; (8) to monitor and conduct internal reviews of the Services; (9) to help Solutran better understand and improve the use of the Services, and to develop new services; (10) to protect the security and integrity of the Services; (11) to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process; (12) as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA; (13) to contact you, if necessary or at your request; and (14) to fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Services.
Personal Information Sharing
Solutran may disclose your Personal Information with other third-parties for a business purpose. When Solutran discloses Personal Information for a business purpose, it enters a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. If a third-party purchaser of your Personal Information wants to resell such Personal Information, the third-party purchaser is required by law to provide you with explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Solutran has not disclosed or sold any Personal Information covered under the CCPA for a business purpose.
California Resident Rights and Choices Under the CCPA
The CCPA provides California residents who are consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request that Solutran disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once Solutran receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, Solutran will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information Solutran collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information Solutran collected about you.
- Solutran's business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom Solutran shared that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information Solutran collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If Solutran sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
Solutran may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Solutran or its service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which Solutran collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of Solutran's ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform Solutran's contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with Solutran.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Solutran to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Solutran collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Solutran to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Solutran cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if Solutran cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Solutran will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Solutran does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Solutran determines that the request warrants a fee, Solutran will tell you why it made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
Solutran will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Solutran will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to This California Privacy Notice
Solutran may amend the California Privacy Notice at any time by posting the revised version here or communicating it to you through the Services. The revised version will be effective as of the time it is posted. The most current version will supersede all previous versions. Your continued use of the Services after any revision means that you accept the updated California Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or comments about this California Privacy Notice, the ways in which Solutran collects and uses your Personal Information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website or the address first listed above.